Putting them together, you get a pretty interesting picture of the 21st century teacher.
Of course, lists like this are always and endlessly debatable, but I liked the following in particular:
- My job is to teach thinking.
- My job is to help them learn to think critically about the information they are encountering.
- My job is to help them articulate ideas fluently so they can be effective participants in this global conversation.
- My job is to encourage flexibility, creativity, resourcefulness and self-direction so that can they can continually adapt to a rapidly changing world.
- My job is still to call home when the work is not being done, to identify students who are struggling and provide them with support and to collect money for field trips and pizza days.